Thursday, June 17, 2010

Thankful - for a lot


I couldn't pinpoint one thing this week for what i was thankful for....
It's hard when you have several things..

Ok, FINE! I will just go with one thing...



I'm super thankful because we moved into a new place a couple of weeks ago.
We lived in a townhome that was attached, which I'm sure you all know what it's like to be 
attached to someone else's wall. It just plain sucks.

I was entertaining the idea of moving. I hoped on craigslist and was looking for houses.
Now we paid a lot for our attached townhome. $1400 a month. 
So, I looked and looked at several places and finally I was about to just give up on the 
whole thing. Then one evening I was at Safeway.

Side note: Safeway in Truckee, CA is one of the only grocery stores in town
so you can't go in there without seeing anyone you don't know. It's immpossible.

I ran into a friend that I used to work with and she told me that she was moving our of her
3 bedroom house. I was like sweet. I took Ian by and it was exactly what we were looking for.
3bedroom, 2 bathrooms, 2 car garage, wood burning stove.

Another side note: Woodburning stove in the Lake Tahoe, CA area is a huge must. 
Saves you a ton of money on Gas/heat. Our gas bill could be over $200 in the winter easily.

After looking at this place I wanted it so bad. So, I went ahead and put our notice in and we moved
in 30 days later. We lived at our townhome for 3 years. We had tons of stuff that needed to be sorted and
gone through to make sure we needed all of it. In a way I like to move, because you get a chance to 
purge through all of your stuff and clean stuff out.

So happy we moved and now we have a house! It's a little more than our place now
$1550, but the extra $150 bucks is worth it to sleep better at night and have a little more
privacy and a house that you can jump around and bang around. :)

Other things I'm thankful this week.

16. 30 hours of overtime on my paycheck
17. Our new place and how it's working better for us.
18. I'm still thankful for our new bed. :)
19. Mackenna is back on her normal bedtime
20. Quality food and things to eat
21. Starbucks...
22. Caring and loving Spouse
23. My 20 new followers




No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis