Thursday, July 22, 2010

Twitter.. Smacked me in the face.


Sometimes I live blindly in my life and forget that sometimes we live in cruel world. I've really enjoyed blogging since I started a couple of months ago and I've met so many awesome and amazing woman/mother's out there. I started a twitter account a little bit ago to what all the hype was about, because I didn't really see the point having a Facebook in all. Let me give you my story why I've lost faith in people for a brief moment yesterday and how this world can very cruel to you because of what you believe in and what you think is right. 

{Twitter}

Yesterday, someone tweeted about when to start real milk and transitioning from formula. I tweeted a reply and stated that I see a homeopathic doctor for my daughter and she told me that I could start milk anytime I wanted and to ease it in slowly and see how she likes it. 

That's all I said to this person...

Don't worry it wasn't her that said anything to me. Then I got a reply to that tweet to me saying: if you take your daughter to a homeopathic Doctor, that must mean you haven't vaccinated. Right?

I though for minute, maybe she is just curious. I replied back and stated, that no at this time I haven't vaccinated my child. She then came back to me and said well I hope you child doesn't die based on your irresponsibilities as a parent and good luck. 

I was shocked, my blood was boiling inside me. I would never judge another
person based on their decisions as a parent. How can someone say something so cruel and nasty to another. I've never even met this person she tweeted me out of nowhere. I finally got the courage and asked if she had children. To my surprise, she told me no. I told her that I think it's best to leave me alone because I'm an actual parent and making the best decision I can for my daughter. I also, told her that her opinions could change once she had a living, breathing thing to care for.

I was so heated, I left and went on a walk and came back to another tweet from someone else that I've
never spoke to before joining in on the conversation. 

This was her tweet to me: 
I wonder if antivax is genetic? Cause when your kids die of a preventable disease, at least the gene will be out of the pool.

I looked up this person's profile and she happened to be only 15 years old. 
By this point I was done and logged off twitter for most of the day.

I'm not the mom of the year, and I'm not perfect by any means. However, I don't think anything is worse then being challenged on what you think is right as a parent to your own child. I'm already feeling a little better after sharing this with you, but still can't believe what happened yesterday.

Thankful for the followers I do have and your great comments. 

ShareThis