Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thankful Thursday - I clean too much

A while back I proposed an hour a day cleaning schedule for myself. Well I've failed miserably. It always turned into more than an hour, no matter what. Maybe because I'm compulsive cleaning disorder would come out and I wouldn't stop myself, is the real reason. I've been finding that I clean as soon as I get home, I mean literally as soon as I get home from work. I would go, go, go and squeeze dinner in, or make the hubs do it. I would clean like mad until I realized that it was time for Mack's bedtime.

I missed out an entire evening with her. Granted I get to spend the whole morning with her now, but this is just not going to work for me. 



Here is my idea. 

1. Pick one Major Cleaning item a night... (laundry, bathroom, living room, marital room, Mack's room, guest room/office) and stick with just one item. 
2. Clean kitchen and do dished every night after dinner. 
3. Vacuum 1 room a night. 
4. Do 1 load of laundry a night and fold it after Mack goes to bed while watching the usual TV shows and hubs and I watch after Mack goes to bed. 
5. 1 sweep of the living room before bed of items that are out of place. 

Then in between I might have more time with the hubs and Mack. So, where does the Thankful part tie into all of this. I guess I'm just thankful that I know when enough is enough and I need to make a change that will help me more available to my family. Whether it's work, me cleaning too much.. etc. These are the years of our children's lives where we don't want to miss out for any reason, and I'm not going to let my compulsive cleaning take time away from Mack. 


78. My first Red Cup of the 2010 Holiday Season
79. Egg Nog
80. Mack's face with our first snow
81. Snow 
82. My Family
83. Still Cruising the gym
84. Yoga classes
85. Cold Nights (19 degrees) I like to wear fuzzy socks


365 Days in Pictures



ShareThis