Thursday, November 4, 2010

Thankful Thursday - I'm a working Mom


Any of you mom's that work full time might feel the same guilt I carry. When I had my daughter Mackenna 2 years ago, I knew that I was just not going to be able to be a stay at home mom. I had to work. I work on average 50 hours a week and sometimes more depending on the overtime needs at my job, which is a lot. I can get some fatty checks, but sometimes those weeks I see little of Mack. There are time, when I get home and she is already in bed and I hadn't seen her all day. I would love to be a stay at home mom and I'm so jealous of my friends and other bloggers for that matter that are stay at home mom's. But, then again I think that we either stay at home or work for a reason, and my reason is to be the working mom. Life can be very busy at times, to where I want to scream. I have little time after work to get the millions of things that I want to get done. It's gotten better because I calendar out a cleaning schedule, meal planning and laundry. So, then I don't feel like I have to do everything every night. 

The above has changed a little. I was working 6-3pm for the last 4 years at my current job. When Mack was ready for preschool and due to me and the hubs schedules at work I had to change my shift to 8-5. I know, welcome to the real world of 8-5er's. I now get to see Mack every morning. I'm the one that gets to wake her up and see her smiley face first each day. I get to pick her clothes out for the day. (I usually only got to do this on the weekends), but now I get to do it everyday. What Mom wouldn't want to pick out her little girls outfit everyday... duh! We get to rock out in the car together on the way to school every morning. Mack loves to sing and dance in the back of the car and look just as stupid as me. 

This is how my day goes...

5:45-6amish - I wake up and get straight into the shower. If Mack is awake we lay in my bed for 10 minutes and watch cartoons. 

6:20ish - I'm out of the shower. I get dressed while Mack is still in my bed watching cartoons. 

6:30ish - We move to the living room and I make her a little something to eat. (They eat breakfast at preschool too).
* While she is eating I make her lunch and mine. 

6:45ish - Time to clean her face, brush hair, teeth, and wrestle her on the floor to get dressed. She continues to watch her cartoon, while I get the rest of my stuff together. Feed the cat, feed Mack's gold fish, get gym bad together. 

7:00ish - I got start my car and warm it up. 
* Then I go back inside make my toast and superfood shake. 

7:15 - Mack likes to grab her own lunch box and I grab her things that are needed at preschool that day and we load up into the car. 

7:30ish -7:35ish - I drop her off at school. I help her put her lunch away in the cubby and take her coat off and make sure that I sign her in. 

7:40ish - I'm off to work. I usually drive to work in silence, or I will jam to the same song Mack and I were listening to earlier.

7:45 - I'm at work, ya I'm only 5 minutes from her preschool. 

That is how my morning goes. Before I worked 8-5 I was leaving the house at 5:30am before anyone in my house was awake. I didn't really see Ian or Mack. Now, I get to see both of them everyday and have the morning with Mackenna. I still get bummed that I can't be home with her everyday, but I'm thankful that with my new schedule at work, her starting preschool, that I get to be with her every morning no matter what. 

What are you thankful for this week? 

Note: Check out my first 365 days in pictures

78. Seeing Mack's Face every morning
79. New Cast Iron kettle for Fireplace
80. My Droid X 
81. Mack's hugs and kisses
82. Evening's laying on the floor by the fire, watching a movie with the family
83. Making it 8 days at the gym thus far
84. Yoga classes
85. My Job

Link Up




ShareThis