Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Amgen Tour Of California in Lake Tahoe

Lake Tahoe had a great opportunity to host the 1st and 2nd stages of the Amgen Tour. My work was a sponsor, so I was really into it and volunteered to represent our branding and company name up at the resort, North Star at Tahoe. 

So, what happens when I arrive at the resort, snow happens! It was dumping outside. The racer's were lined up in South Lake, Tahoe and well guess what the race was called off due to snow. Both stages of the race were cancelled on Sunday and Monday, due to snow. 

Lake Tahoe is a unpredictable place when it comes to weather, especially in the month of May. It's such a bummer, because it would have been great for the community and a lot of businesses lost a lot of money due to the race's being cancelled. 

I guess there is always next year, or maybe not. I bet they won't include Tahoe in the race next year due to our unstable weather this time of year. Boo! 

ShareThis