Thursday, January 6, 2011

Guest Blogger Week: Meet Jamie @ Avant Garde Parenting

‘Roll’ into 2011: Rolos + Pretzels = Kid Friendly Deliciousness



Hey guys, I’m Jamie from Avant Garde Parenting, a website that offers tips, tricks, and unique ideas for parents of young children. I’m so happy to share one of my favorite kid-friendly recipes with you. It’s a yummy treat that’s easy to make and honestly, I don’t think it really has a name. In my family, we just call them by the two main ingredients: Rolo Pretzels. Truth: I’ve never been a fan of chocolate and pretzels together but trust me, these are to die for.

Here’s how you make them: Have your kiddos spread out mini pretzels on a cookie sheet. I put a silpat underneath, but wax paper works fine, too. Unwrap a Rolo candy for each pretzel and have your kiddos plop them right on top. Bake at 325 for 4-5 minutes until the candies are just melted.

Here’s the fun part: Making them your own. You can leave them plain, make pretzel sandwiches, press a pecan half on top of each one, sprinkle with shaved coconut, or top with your favorite (other) candy. Use your (and your kiddos’) imagination! Whatever you decide to do, these treats are delicious, easy, and a surefire party hit. Have fun and enjoy!






ShareThis