Saturday, November 27, 2010

12 Days of Christmas Blog Challenge - Day 4

Blog Challenge... Oops I started on day 4

Day 1: Christmas/Holiday traditions
Day 2: Black Friday/General Shopping Tips & Tricks
Day 3: Most meaningful gift/best gift you've received
Day 4: Tips/Tricks to a Budget Friendly holiday season
Day 5: Favorite Holiday Movie/TV Show Special
Day 6: Gift ideas (what do YOU want? We all have family/friends reading our blogs...so let them know!)
Day 7: Holiday Craft/DIY (If you don't make anything, what do you WISH you could make?)
Day 8: Least favorite thing about the Holidays
Day 9: Favorite Holiday recipe
Day 10: Favorite Christmas Songs/Caroles
Day 11: New Year Resolutions
Day 12: Show us your decorations (indoor/outside)
Day 13: Favorite Cookie Recipe
Day 14: Oprah's Favorite Things: What item(s) would you want if you were in the audience

** Ok, This is something that I really have a hard time with. Budget... not just Christmas. I have troubles keeping a budget when I go to the grocery store or the amount of times I should be going to Starbucks. Here is my attempt to give the best advice that I can give. **

Craft or Photo's: This year I have decided that we are going to get family photos done at Lake Tahoe this weekend and they will be the family gifts this year. The last few years we have gotten everyone in the family their gift and in the end Ian and I never exchanged gifts really for each other. This year I really want to make it about are little family of three this year and give a little something to each family member. Like the framed family photo and something to put into their stocking. 

If you want to give everyone in the family a gift then. What is your total budget amount of xmas shopping? Then pick an amount that you will spend on everyone. And... Stick with that amount. Remember Christmas is about spending time as a family and not the presents you give or receive. Like my grandma says every year to me, just donate food or toys or clothing to a food bank as a gift to me. That is what Christmas is all about. 


ShareThis