Friday, May 6, 2011

Saving's Account, who needs one.

I'm 24 years old, and yet to ever establish or start a saving's account. It's one of those lessons that I have yet to learn or teach myself. Which is farking stupid right. My thinking of not needing  a savings account is necessary, no matter how much money you make, I only fooling myself. I would love to say we have $5K or even $10K in savings because we are rock stars and that's what we do. We save.

I'm admitting I'm a SPENDER!

Whenever I see that amount after all bills are paid and the groceries are in cupboard I start to get the itch. The itch to buy something, to buy Mack, to buy Ian or something for the house. The list goes on I tell you.

I'm starting to learn that what you have, what's in your house, what kind of car you drive doesn't define you or your wealth. I have a nice car and so does the hubs, but is it worth the $1,000 a month to have those nice cars... no! I would rather have a car that gets me from A to B then have a the latest and greatest. 

Think if I saved $1,000 a month just by not having car payments that would be $12K a year. That would be one good effing vacation or several right? That's how I've been thinking lately. 

I have to be a grown up and just start saving the dough. Automatic transfer money straight from my check to savings. sounds easy right. Saving is hard and it takes some serious discipline and self control. 

Less is more. I'm posting that on my mirror in the morning, along with hey fatty don't skip the gym either today. 

I like writing notes to myself. 

ShareThis